Deadline: March 2nd
For this Builder's Workshop, you are now the multi-purpose contractor for a new six-stall horse barn + living quarters. Your client has already drafted up a blueprint of their desired build and has given you precise instructions, except for the living quarters. You will need to design your own floorplan of the living quarters. It will be your job to build this new barn from the ground up using the provided blueprint and your chosen color palette. You'll also need to decide what your client is like and how they impacted your design choices throughout this workshop!
Firstly, decide who this building is for. What is your client like? Decide how that affects your theme, colors, and other design choices. Secondly, using the blueprint below, you must build a new barn to the specs outlined in the photo. The design and look is up to you, but there's a twist! You have to use a color palette from this Imgur album. You're allowed to use different pallette for the inside of the living quarters. Make sure that you mention it !
You will need to complete the entire building, including all rooms, windows, doors, walls and floors, stalls, roofing, terrain painting, and landscaping. I challenge you to get as realistic as possible. Think of all the little details like light fixtures, drains, ventilation, etc! Decorating is optional, but you will need to build the stalls and basically anything that would be "installed" by a contractor. I left the left and the right side of the barn empty, why ? For you guys to get creative with it. Show me what you guys think will look best, channel your inner Antoni Gaudí. Let your architectural mind speak !
- All Sims games allowed, TS2, TS3, TS4
- Max 6 photos per entry. You may link to an album if you want to share more.
- Photos must be cropped to 800PX or less!
- You must use the provided blueprint.
- You must use a color palette from the Imgur album. You may choose any one palette within this collection. You must include your chosen palette with your entry.
- You must complete all structural pieces to the barn, inside and outside. Walls, floors, stalls, lighting, plumbing, roofing, parking lot, and landscaping.
- You may use any size lot and as many grid spaces as you like for the barn, as long as it's identical to the blueprint.
- You may add extra windows or doors. Do not add in extra walls.
- You may do any theme or motif, including fantasy.
- Be detailed!! Experiment with beams and arches and all the fun deco/build CC that's available! Get fancy, stay simple, do something extravagant, it's up to you!
- It is up to you to decide on the exterior design.
- Decorating and furnishing is optional.
- You are allowed to post your lot for download if you want to share it!
<b>Color Palette:</b> (link or photo)
<b>Tell us about the client behind this project:</b>
Post your image(s)!